YouView with TalkTalk FAQ
YouView is a joint venture between some of the best loved channels in the UK, including the BBC, ITV, C4 and C5, along with the biggest internet service providers in the UK including TalkTalk. For more information on what you get with YouView see the FAQ's below:
What do I get when I buy TV, Broadband and Calls from TalkTalk?
With YouView from TalkTalk you'll enjoy:
- All the Freeview channels you know and love
- Pause and rewind live TV
- A backwards programme guide so you can catch up on the TV you missed over the last 7 days
- Access to thousands of hours of free on demand shows from BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD and Demand Five all in one place on your TV
- Access to the TalkTalk Player that has a library of TV and movies available to rent or subscribe to whenever you want, all available using one remote control!
- Customers with a YouView+ box can also record two programmes at the same time, while watching a third on demand or previously recorded programme.
What do I need to get TV from TalkTalk?
To receive TV from TalkTalk you need to subscribe to one of our TalkTalk TV, broadband and phone packages. You don't need a satellite dish to watch YouView from TalkTalk. You just need a digital TV aerial to receive Freeview channels and a TalkTalk broadband connection to get everything on demand including catch up TV.
We will provide a professional BrightSparks engineer installation so you don't have to worry about setting it all up. The engineer will also give you a full demonstration before they leave.
What happens once I have ordered?
Once you have placed your order for TalkTalk TV, Phone and Broadband with TalkTalk, you will receive a confirmation e-mail immediately and a welcome pack in the post a few days later. Then you'll receive an additional e-mail detailing when your TV installation is booked, and if you provided us with your mobile number, an SMS as well. The night before your TV installation appointment, one of our BrightSparks engineers will call you to confirm when they plan to arrive the next day. On the day of installation they will get everything setup for you and give you a full demonstration before they leave.
To find out more about your TV install click here.
What do I need to watch High Definition (HD) programmes?
Your YouView Box already plays HD programmes and channels, but to watch them in High Definition you will need an HD ready TV. There are also HD On Demand programmes available with YouView from TalkTalk. As they are delivered through your broadband connection whether you can watch them in HD will depend on your broadband speed.
Use our Availability checker to see what channels are available in your area.